Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Fred is offline

Default Lookup

Actually, if I compare only one number to those within the table as follows:

8.70 (*Again less than 8.99 but greater than 5.00)

Will the formula change to = vlookup(O8,A$1:B$6,2)?

And yes how do I work a number outside the range?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Is the maximum value of those 3 cells less than 2.99, so that it is
outside the range of the table?

Pete

On Sep 23, 4:18 pm, Fred wrote:
Receiving a #N/A error but we're closer!

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Try this:

=VLOOKUP(MAX(I12,M12,O12),A$1:B$6,2)

I think this is what you require.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 23, 2:57 pm, Fred wrote:
I am trying to lookup values in a row within a table (*below). This table is
For a 'range' which a returned value must fall into as follows:

A B
2.99 0.00
3.00 2.00
4.99 2.00
5.00 4.00
8.99 4.00
9.00 6.00

For Example if a row has the values: I12 1.84 M12 3.01 O12 2.98 I need to
return the value of 2.00.

Will a lookup tabl eor if stmts work, Any thoughts?- Hide quoted text -