Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel (2007) won't do a particular X-Y (Point) graph for me..

You can deal with the "irritating ... text" in the table by conditional
formatting, colouring the font white (or your cell's background colour) if
the cell satisfies the CF condition/ Formula is/ =ISNA(A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Ake" wrote in message
Yes, you are right. But that solves the plotting problem only- but it
still
does show up as irritating (to me ;-) text in the table, rather than
"empty
space". /Ake

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You have failed to quote any of the message to which you are replying, so
don't know what has already been suggested, but if you don't want the
chart
to plot your "" as a zero value, try changing IF(Condition;Something;"")
IF(Condition;Something;NA())
--
David Biddulph

"Ake" wrote in message
Thanks a lot Jon,

That's it. I did not realize that "" is in fact a string. And I did my
small
data set testing using "no data" instead of "" which I thought meant
the
same
thing. So I got confused by the results.

So, how should I actually do IF(Condition;Something;"") then?
The reason I use it is that it works well on the Y-data, and that the
table
I plot from looks "as clean as it is" (I don't want to fill all empty
cells

Is there a workaround, or even some way to force the plot to "think
right".

Thank's again for clearing this up / Ake