Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel (2007) won't do a particular X-Y (Point) graph for me..

If the data in the X range are not numeric (even if only one is not
numeric), then Excel will treat the values as labels, and use the counting
numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. as X values. If your blanks are "" returned by a
formula, you should know that "" is a piece of text, not a blank, and is
either treated as a zero or treated as a non-numeric X value.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ake" wrote in message
Sorry, my "workaround" was a red herring. The problem remains... some data
sets still won't plot as X-Y/ Ake