Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hjuler Hjuler is offline

Default Array function that returns values within several intervals

Hi,
I need to subtract numbers in a column (A2:A4) from the numbers in a row
(B2:D2) in all possible combination, Find and return all values that match
certain intervals (F1,F2,F3,F4).

My array formula looks like this:
IF(OR(AND(B1:D1-A2:A4F1,B1:D1-A2:A4<F2),AND(B1:D1-A2:A4F3,B1:D1-A2:A4<F4)),B1:D1-A2:A4,"-")

The problem is that the formula only returns "-" even though I know some of
the results are within the intervals (evaluates all the results as "not true"
even though I know they are true).

This is a simplyfied version of my work but it will illustrate my problem.
In reality I have more than 200 numbers in the row and the column and more
than 10 intervals...

I am working on a danish version of Excel so please tell me if I have
converted some symbols wrong :)