Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bridges[_2_] Bob Bridges[_2_] is offline

Default I need to scan a column

Bonjour, Vercingetorix (de nouveau)! I'm a little suspicious about whether
you mean what you seem to have said, so first let me rephrase it and see
whether you still agree:

If "name1" is in page2!$A$1:$A$100
and "name2" is in page2!$B$1:$B$100
then SUM(page2!$C$!:$C$100)

Is that right? Because I gotta wonder whether you don't mean you want to
sum ONLY the items in col C that belong to the right name1 and/2 name2. But
if the above is what you really want, then it's pretty simple:

IF(OR(ISERROR(MATCH("name1",page2!$A$1:$A$100,0)), ISERROR(MATCH("name2",page2!$B$1:$B$100)),0,SUM(pa ge2!$C$!:$C$100))

Breaking that down into pieces:

IF(
OR(
ISERROR(
MATCH("name1",page2!$A$1:$A$100,0)
),
ISERROR(
MATCH("name2",page2!$B$1:$B$100,0)
),
0,
SUM(page2!$C$!:$C$100))

MATCH returns either a (relative) line number where the name was found, or
#N/A; therefore ISERROR(MATCH...) returns TRUE if the name was not found,
FALSE if it was. OR(ISERROR(),ISERROR()) returns TRUE if either MATCH
failed, FALSE if both succeeded (ie both names were found). So
IF(OR(...),0,SUM(...)) gives you a 0 in this cell if either name was not
found, or the sum of the whole col C if both were there. Is that really what
you wanted?

--- "Vercingetorix.XIII" wrote:
I need to scan a column on a second page and look for a name, then scan
another column on the second page and check for how many months it has been
(less than)and if the criteria is met to add the totals in another column
from the second page and put it in a cell on the first page.

So, for example I am on page1 abd I need to look on page2 in A1 - A100 for a
name, when it finds the name I need to look on page2 b1-B100 for less than 6
months old and when it is found to add the totals on page2 c1-c100 and out
the total into cell a1 on page 1.