Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zorrina Zorrina is offline

Default cell names

Thanks, Don. :-)

I am afraid, short of taking a screenshot to paste into Word (you would not
be able to edit the excel file in Word then), I am unable to suggest anything
else.

You could also insert the excel sheet as an icon (Double-clicking the icon
will let you edit the excel sheet). But when you print the Word document, it
would print the excel as an icon. :-(

This is an interesting puzzle and I hope someone else solves this soon.

"Don" wrote:

I should add- it will print the cell names, but refuses to transfer them over
onto a Word document. This is where I need it the most!
Thanks again for your help.

"Don" wrote:

Hey Zorrina
(neat name)
I found that, clicked on the box, saved the file to the desktop- all is well.
THEN, when I try to drag it onto a Word document, the letters and numbers
disappear!
Grrrrr

"Zorrina" wrote:

Hi,

(There should be a similar option in 2007)
In Excel 2003, on the File menu, click Page Setup. In the Sheet tab, select
the Row and column headings check box.

"Don" wrote:

Silly question- but I have been looking for over an hour with no success!
How do I print the cell names with the spreadsheet?
You know- so the A, B, C shows across the top, and the 1,2,3 shows down the
side?
For the life of me- I can't find it!
I'm working with Office 2007.
many thanks!
and sorry for asking such a dumb question!