Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default Problems With a Searchable Inventory Worksheet

Take a look at

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

It may give you a better approach to what you are trying to do

"mmcap" wrote:

I have tried looking in past entries and in excel help but I cant seem to
find the answers I am looking for. This is what I am trying to accomplish.
I am trying to put together a searchable tool inventory. There are over 200
boxes of tools and many tools inside each box. I would like to put the tool#
that I am searching for in cells B3-B12 and have the box# that the tool is
in show up in C3-C12. Now here is another problem. I also would like to be
able to click on the box# in C3-C12 and have it open up to the RIGHT like a
drop box so I can see all of the tools in that box.
1 A B C D E F
2 TOOL# BOX#
3 Search for tool #
4 Search for tool #