Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kimmie kimmie is offline

Default How to remove duplicated data repeated....

I am working on a spreadsheet which has many different fields. The first
column is Last Name and the second column is first name. My objective is to
delete the rows with duplicate names and only keep one of the rows. I tried
using the following formula but it was only reading the first column which is
last name. How do I change it to read the first and second column.

For instance,

Smith John
Smith John
Shot, Steve
(Keep only one John Smith and delete the other.)

My Second project which is a little different, is to take this completed
file (the one that only has John Smith and Steve Shot left and remove the
duplicates) and compare with another spreadsheet. I was going to add the
spreadsheet fields to this final spreadsheet and then I will need to remove
all duplicates. What formula do I need to apply so that I can use the filter?

Then, I have two projects....one I need to delete the "duplicate" rows and
the other I need to