Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I display formula values instead of the formula?

Have a look at Dana's construction at this google search result.

http://tinyurl.com/4qnq7r

May give you a solution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:48:06 -0700, Dan G
wrote:

No, that was just a miskey.
I guess i am just going to go with either the question i am asking is not
possible, is just too lowbrow for this group, or is just not something that
you can do and will continue to suck it up and just continue to do something
like this

="(" & A1 &" + "& B2 &") / "& C3 &" * "& D4 for the cells that i really need
to see what numbers are being used in the formulas.

Sadly, it takes a long time when there are 10 or 20 numbers across sheets in
the formulas.

"MikeR" wrote:

Dan G wrote:
OK, i thought that what I said was clear but here goes again.

I have no problem seeing the formulas. That is easy. What I want is to be
able to see the actual values that the formula uses laid out (without going
to the watch window every time).

So, using the example that I first wrote:
I can easily see =(A1+B2)/C3*D4).
I want to see =(1+2)/3*4

Mismatched parens? How about =(A1+B2)/C3*B4
Mike