Bob Phillips

Format the lookup table key column and the data entries to General.

--

HTH

RP

"Martc" wrote in message
I have changed the worksheet name to "Product Table" but the problem is

still
there.

"Martc" wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. Both columns are set up exactly the same.

Is it to do with the formula??

=(IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1395,LOOKUP!$A$1:$B$201,2,FALSE )),"",VLOOKUP(A1395,LOOKUP
!$A$1:$B$201,2,FALSE)))

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Set it up in the same way that you have setup the key column in the

lookup
table.

--

HTH

RP

"Martc" wrote in message
I am using a lookup formula in Excel 2003 to display a product

description
when I enter a product code.

I am having a problem with choosing what category to assign to the

cells.
The product code can start with a number (some start with a 0) or a
letter.
If I assign the cells to be a number, when I enter a code that

starts with
0
such as 0109 it changes it to 109. We need it to show the 0 in

front.

If I assign the cells to be text, the product codes such as 0109

work and
it
shows the right product description but when I use a product code

that
doesn't start with 0 such as 2208 it doesn't show the product

description
from the lookup table.

Any help would be v.much appreciated.