Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Forcing a Read Only Filename

How about protecting the sheets yourself and not relying on the staff or
bothering them with messages.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Protect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:41:02 -0700, Zee
wrote:

Hi Bob

I already have the following code written down for a "Before Close" action
and it will not let me add it to it.

Dim sht As Worksheet
For Each sht In Sheets
sht.Select
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
MsgBox (" ATTENTION STAFF - MAKE SURE TO PROTECT ALL WORKSHEETS PRIOR
TO CLOSING THE FILE")

End If
Next sht
End Sub

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS I AM STILL VERY NEW TO THIS.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

With Me

If .ReadOnly Then

.SaveAs .Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Value
End If
End With
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob

"Zee" wrote in message
Is there anyway to force a read-only file to be saved when closed, the
filename would be a specific cell in the workbook.

Thank you