Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
up4ms up4ms is offline

Default How do I merge colums with data

Hi Mary
Thanks for the help. I have 17,000. What would the formula look like in this
situation?

"Mary" wrote:

Hi UP4MS - you need to use the CONCATENATE function.

PHONE - if you have 425-555-1212 in separate columns (425 in cell A1, 555 in
cell B1, and 1212 in cell C1), use =CONCATENATE(A1,"-",B1,"-",C1) in cell D1
to get 425-555-1212. Eliminate the "-" if you don't want the dashes in the
results.

Use the same principle to create a name field, where "Joe" in cell A1 and
"Smith" in cell B1 becomes "Joe Smith" by using =CONCATENATE(A1,"-",B1) in
cell C1.

If you need to rid yourself of the formulas later, just copy and paste the
results as text.

"up4ms" wrote:

I have imported data to excel. The problem is the phone number is broke into
three separate colums. Also the customer first name and customer last name is
broke into two separate colums. I need to mergethe three phone number colums
into oneand also merge the first and last name into one.

Can someone help me to figure this one out?

Thanks Loren