Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default MAXIF?

Thank you - Both ideas in the post worked well and gave me some terrific
ideas for other data I need to pull in this excercise. I love to learn new
things!

Rick Rothstein wrote:
It is hard to know from your postings if you know in advance all the
possible entry values in Column A or not. Assuming you don't, will this be
acceptable? Place this formula...

=IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)1,"",MAX(IF((B $2:B$100<0)*(A$2:A$100=A2),C$2:C$100,""))))

In Row 2 of some unused column and copy it down... the first occurrence of a
value in Column A will show the maximum date you are looking for.

Thanks but my issue is to try and get the max date in the range only for
those unique instances. Example: any that are labeled "AnthonyJan-08" then

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
AnthonyFeb-08 2.0 02/07/08
AnthonyFeb-08 2.0 02/08/08