Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bushy Hellershanks Bushy Hellershanks is offline

Default Temp files remain

I have recently changed from Office XP to 2007. Since changing, fresh
install rather than upgrade, most of the time when I open/create an excel
file, modify it then save and exit, the temporary file that excel creates
upon opening a file remains in my document folder rather than being
automatically deleted upon exit. As far as I know the program seems to be
closing down normally and I have no idea how to stop these temporary files
from being saved all the time. It's quite irritating to have to go through
and delete them all the time so if anyone can help, much appreciated. Thanks