Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Joe Mac Joe Mac is offline

Default Help, I need a formula for work.

Why not place the data into a Pivot Table and let Excel do the manipulation
without any formulas required... Spin the data to what ever view you
wish/need...
Place the cursor on any cell in a contiguous range and select
DataPivotTable and PivotChart Reporting...
--

Joe Mac

"Che028" wrote:

Help, I need a formula for work.
Here is a generic version of my problem?

Leauge Team Attendance exceed 20,000?

American Yankees Yes
American Red Sox No
National Phillies Yes
National Mets Yes
National Giants Yes
National Dodgers No
American Twins No
American Angels Yes

=COUNTIF(E3:E10,"YES")
Total would be 5 "YES'' Answers
Now the spreadsheet is FILTERED to only show "AMERICAN"

Leauge Team Attendance exceed 20,000?

American Yankees Yes
American Red Sox No
American Twins No
American Angels Yes

=COUNTIF(E3:E10,"YES")

Does anybody know of a formula that I may use the same range (e3:e10)
but now since it is FILTERED the answer would be 2 instead of 5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Che028