Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GA85 GA85 is offline

Default Lists- Simple Question

It has been sent!!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Yes, pl. send it to me...
You can describe the problem in the mail or inside the file.

click on my name in the post and you will see my id. just remove the first
part after the @ sign...

"GA85" wrote:

Ok...now another problem...can i send this to you???

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It should...

What is the result you are getting where you are entering the formula?

Can you send the file to me?

"GA85" wrote:

Still not working. Is there a simple way to accomplish this???

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Enter this in B1 on Sheet 2
then enter this in B1 of sheet 1;
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)

You may have to hit F9 to force recalculation.

"GA85" wrote:

That is not working :-(

Sheet1
A B
1101 Cash
1102 Accounts Recievable

Sheet2
A B
1101 This is where I want the name from col. B of sheet 1 to display

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Use VLOOKUP
Assuming your drop down is in A1 in sheet 1 and your account no and names
data is in Sheet 2, COl A & B
then enter this in B1 of sheet 1;
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

"GA85" wrote:

I have a drop-down list created with my account numbers. When I select an
account number from the drop-down list, I would like for the account name to
appear in the cell to the right of the cell with the account number. Any help
would be great! THANK YOU!