Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Lynn Jr[_2_] Ron Lynn Jr[_2_] is offline

Default make cell contain only 1 letter/number then tab automatically

Well allrighty then, thanks anyway. I kinda had a feeling that there was no
way but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks again, later

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel has no way of knowing when you have finished entering/editing data in
a cell until you hit Enter, Tab or Arrow key to move out of the cell.

Macros don't work while in editing mode so that method is not an option.

So.................no, there is no way.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:56:01 -0700, Ron Lynn Jr <Ron Lynn
wrote:

Good Day,
I have made a spreadsheet that contains cells that I only want to
contain one letter/number/character. So my question is when I enter that one
character is there a way to make Excel automatically tab/enter to the next
cell? Will I need to make a macro for each cell? Thanks for any assistance
that you can provide.