Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Writing a story in Excel with fill in blanks that referencepictur

On Sep 21, 1:04*pm, Sagit wrote:
I would like to write a very short story in Excel 2003 that has blanks
interspersed throughout the story. *When a child fills in a blank with an
intuitive word (her own name, name of her pet, name of her brother, etc.) a
picture of her, or her pet, etc. pops up somewhere in the spreadsheet close
to the story. *For instance, if she types in the name Spot, a picture of Spot
pops up. *I had a sample spreadsheet that did exactly this, but lost it when
my hard drive crashed. *I don't remember what function was used for the
blanks. *I do remember the pictures were on a seperate spreadsheet from the
story. *The formula for the blanks referenced the cells of the pictures.. *Can
anyone help? *Thanks so much. *PS. I am sllightly experienced with Excel. *--
S Jan

Try here...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Ken Johnson