Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jesoldano@gmail.com is offline

Default Pivot table question

On Sep 20, 10:36*am, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
YOu could create a dynamic range to do it and then calculate

=STDEV(myRange)

Take a look here for instructions on setting up the dynamic range.

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames02.html

The only problem I can foresee is if you add anything to your pivot table
and the columns for the data change. * If it remains the same, you should be
good to go.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
Hello--I have a very basic pivot table that counts the number of time
an item is a spreadsheet. *I would like to write formulas outside of
the pivot table that calculate the average of all of the items, as
well as the standard deviation. *The only problem is that, when I
modify the spreadsheet feeding the pivot table and refresh it, the
ranges in my formulas are no longer correct. *Is there a way to make
these ranges update automatically when the pivot is refreshed? Or,
should I just do this manually everyday? *Thanks for the help!- Hide quoted text -

it worked! Thanks very much! Do you know how I can ensure that, when
new records are added to my source document, that the new records are
captured in the pivot table when it's refreshed? Currently, I can
update the pivot table successfully if I delete records from the
source document, but not if I add records. Thank you for all your
help.