Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default Count Max values in a range

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:12:29 -0500, "Brian"
wrote:

Howdy All,

I have a table of values in 50 columns by 13 rows.

Each row represents Hours for an employee for each project list in the 50
columns

What I want to do is count the number of times each employee has the highest
hours.

So I want to count how many times the highest hours values occurs in each
row for the entire range.

I hope i'm making sense...

Thanks,
Brian

If your data is in A1:AX13 you can try the following:

In cell A14 you put the formula
=MAX(A1:A13)

Copy this formula to cells B14:AX14

Now you have a (helper) row, row 14, with the highest number for each
project

In cell AY1 you put the formula
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:AX1=A$14:AY$14))

Copy this formula to cells AY2:AY13

Now you have a column, AY, with the requested result
Note that if several employees have the same highest number of hours,
that will be counted for all of them.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke