Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default Multiple Sumifs

If your table is in A1:C6, D1 contains your date criteria and E1 contains
your zip code criteria, try:

=Sumproduct(--(A2:A6=D1), --(B2:B6=E1), C2:C6)

If you are using XL2007, check help for the new SumIfs function.

"Emeryville John" wrote:

Howdy,

Here is what my data looks like:

Date Zip Code Widgets
1/1/08 10001 1
1/1/08 10002 2
1/1/08 10001 3
1/3/08 10001 4
1/5/08 10004 5

I want to sum the # of widgets when the zip code and date are the same. So
my output would be:

1001

Date Widgets
1/1/08 4
1/2/08 0
1/3/08 4
1/4/08 0
1/5/08 0

So I am going to create a table with the dates running down the column and
then I want to put a formula in the widgets column that will search the
original data, the new date column and the number 10001.

Thanks for your help.

John