Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Colin Colin is offline

Default In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another ce

Hi Steve,

Is there a way of using the conditional formatting method you have mentioned
below but using a different sheet in the workbook...?

I have tried conditionally formatting with 'formula is' using:
=MyWorksheet!$A$1="MyText"

But I get the error "You may not use references to other worksheets......."

Kind Regards,
Colin.

"SteveG" wrote:

Christine,

Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is
option to Formula is. Enter

=B1="Your Text"

Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG