Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Vlookup look up the remark

Hi,

Not sure if you are trying to lookup one value or multiple values. If you
are indeed trying to look up one value, then put 0 as the last argument of
the VLOOKUP() function. If you are looking up for more than I value, then
you need to use the SUMPRODUCT() function.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

wrote in message
Had been trying to use Vlookup function to look up the
comments in the given table below , but it doesn't work well.
Appreciate if anyone can enlighten me what went wrong with the
formula?

The formula issued : =Vlookup(C6,G6:H12,2)
There after I copied the formula to the rest of table, and
end result as shown in the table.
What was wrong with the formula?
Thank you

col
A B C D
Row Name Marks Grade Comments
6 Chin Ai Looi 45 E Perfect Score
7 Fandi Ahmad 55 D Perfect Score
8 Peter Brown 76 B Perfect Score
9 Tracy Ong 84 B Perfect Score
10 Jason Bond 86 A High Distinction
11 Linday Tay 90 A High Distinction
12 Ravi Gopal 92 A #N/A
13 kendra Ong 100 A+ #N/A

Row Marks Grade Comments
7 0 E Fail
8 50 D Pass
9 65 C Credit
10 75 B Distinction
11 85 A High Distinction
12 100 A+ Perfect Score

1) Use the VLOOKUP function lookup the grade
and Comments from the given table