Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Brian is offline

Default Find total number of unique model numbers

Where do I do that?

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try temporarily setting calculation to manual. After the text numbers are
converted to numeric numbers reset calculation to automatic.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
Yes, I did enter the actual model number, and I didn't hit
ctrl+shift+enter for array formula.

I think i know what the issue may be, the serial numbers are stored as
text, and when I tried to convert them to numbers, it takes 5 seconds for
every cell?!?!

"T. Valko" wrote in message
You have to change "Model1" to whatever the actual model name is!

Also, did you array enter the formula?

Array entered** :
CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
igorek, thanks, i would use a pivot table, but i don't know how :(

T. Valko, thank you.
Can i changed that to:

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(A2:A7024="Model1",B2:B7024),B2:B7024) )

Which represents the range of the data columns, but it gives me 0?

"Brian" wrote in message
Howdy All,

I have a workbook that contains service data for units.

Column A = Model Name (alpha) 87 model names that repeat throughout
the column
Column B = Serial Number (numeric), unique number that repeats
throughout the column
Column C = Service Hours
Column D = Service Req Number

Model Name appears many times in column A
Serial Number appears many times in column b.

I want to determine how many of each Model Number I have with a unique
Serial Number.
But each Model Name and Serial Number can occur many times in their
respective columns if there have been multiple Service Requests.

Thanks,
Brian