Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wtdrm wtdrm is offline

Default Combining Text from 2 Columns into 1 then Deleting the 2 Colum

Duke, you are an angel. You have saved me hours of time. Thanks for your post.

--
wtdrm

"sleepindogg" wrote:

Duke:

You got the right name. Thanks for the help.

Sleepindogg

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Insert an empty column adjacent to either C or D

In the new column use the formula

=C2 & D2
or, to put a space between them
=C2&" "&D2

Copy the formula down for all the rows, then copy all the cells with the
formula and, without changing the selection, use EditPaste SpecialValues.

Now you can delete the original columns C & D
"sleepindogg" wrote:

I am attempting to merge text from two different columns ie. C2 and D2 into
one column. Once I have the data from the two columns in my new column, I
would like to delete the old columns and only use the new column with the
combined data.

Can anyone help?