Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Vlookup Formula Help

Insert a new column F on the second sheet and put this formula in
the

=A2 & B2 & C2 & D2 & E2

Then copy this down as far as is necessary.

Then in F2 of your first sheet you can put this formula:

=VLOOKUP(A2&B2&C2&D2&E2,Sheet2!F:G,2,0)

and then copy this down. If you have some entries for which there is
no exact match in Sheet2, you will get the #N/A error - you might have
extra space(s) in one or the other sheets, so check for these and
correct.

You might like to fix the values from this formula, and then you can
delete the new column F from the second sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 18, 11:55*pm, Gmata wrote:
I have to spread sheets with similar fields but one has ITEM number and the
other one doesn't.

I need them to match so i can have the same item number on the same product
form the other spread sheet. here is an example:

I Have on both spread sheet:

Title Brand *Gender name Size * * * * * * *

I need all the fields to match exactly so when Title,brand, gender ,name ,
size match it should return the item number that is on the second spread
sheet:

Title Brand *Gender name Size Item# * * * * * * *

Any help ? thanks