Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Recording changes in cell value

On Sep 18, 2:46 pm, CDC wrote:
Hi,

I want to record any change in value of cell A in B; i.e. if I have a
number in cell a which is increase by 2 I want 2 recorded in cell B and
continue to add any future change to cell A.

If I'm reading your request properly, you can't easily do this. There
is a function in morefunc that can do this, otherwise someone could
possibly write another UDF. Do a search at download.com for morefunc.

The morefunc function is RECALL, and it would be used like this:
=RECALL(TRUE)+A1

That formula will return a running total of the values typed into A1.
Or calculated by formula in A1. RECALL will not list the values, just
show the total.