Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CW CW is offline

Default Manipulating Text to create HLOOKUP

Hi, I get an HR report that lists in one column the dept # and in the next
the employee name... so there are multiple rows with the same dept#. I want
to manipulate the data so I can list all employees in a department in one
column (for example, column A would be Dept 100 and in rows 2-10, it would
list all 9 employees, and then in column B, Dept 200 would be, etc). This
will allow me to set up an HLOOKUP table.

Is there some sort of automated way to manipulate the HR report or do I have
to copy and paste one by one?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.