Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default creating a equation for a column

a. In all honesty, I believe my interp of your original posting wasn't off.
Pl re-read my earlier response and try it out. It addresses your queries. If
it somehow doesn't, then I don't know any further.

b. Pl reply to responses in the proper way, ie post it as a reply to the
responder(s), not as a reply to your own posting.
--
Max
Singapore
"Theo" wrote:
sorry i may have worded the question poorly. What i want is in each row of
the B column to be the digit in the same row of the C column divided by 11.
example

A B C
1 110
2 990
3 11
4 260
5 213

i want to somehow set it up so that in b1 it calculates c1/11 and in b2 it
calculates c2/11 is there somehow to set it up? or must i do it each row
manually