Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Pasting "as displayed" formatted cell contents

I could do a plain old copy|paste and all the formatting--including the number
formatting--got carried over.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

jimqual7 wrote:

I clicked on a formatted cell chose a blank cell and pasted "all". it pasted
only the numerica and not the formatting.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Mike's suggestion worked fine for me.

It didn't change the underlying value, but by paste special|all, both the value
and the numberformat were pasted. So the text displayed the same thing.

What didn't work for you?

jimqual7 wrote:

nope, that doesn't work

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

Edit|Pastespecial
select ALL
OK

Mike

"jimqual7" wrote:

I have formatted cells as follows "CN"00000000"S10" so that when I type in a
serial number such as 12345678 it appears in the cell as CN12345678S10.
How can I copy the contents as it appears in the the formatted cell and
paste the "as displayed value" into another cell without formatting the
destination cell?
In effect pasting the value CN12345678S10 into another cell.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson