Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default Yen currency symbol

use Alt + 0165 u will get ¥ and copy it

then go to start | control panel | date,time,language and regional
option |
change the format of numbers, dates & times | customize | currency tab
| currency symbol paste it | apply | ok | apply | ok

Now u can add the ¥ symbol to the values by just click ctrl + shift +
4

On Sep 19, 1:01*am,
wrote:
Hello

I am creating an Excel spreadsheet and need to have the Yen currency symbol.
*When I go into Format/Cells/Currency, the Yen currency symbol is not
available. *I can get it in Inset/Symbols. *The problem with going through
Insert is that I can't get any formulas to work. *

Does anyone know how I can get the Yen currency symbol into
Format/Cells/Currency?

Thanks for your help