Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Colour plot area of a dual axis x,y chart

Hi,

Possibly using code, as in Jon's example, to create a shape.
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

Very much depending on your data it maybe possible to create the coloured
area using area or column/bar chart.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"nobbyknownowt" wrote in message

Hiya all

Has anyone got a cure for this???

I have an xy scatter chart which has both primary and secondary axis.
In the middle of the plot area i have an area (bounded by a data series
line on all sides) that I want a different colour.

I have browsed the site and see a couple of options but they require
the secondary axis to be an area chart. This causes my xy chart to fail
as it needs both axis.

Once the chart is coloured it will be used as a printing template so
no longer needs to function at all. The chart was designed in excel so
that it could be dragged to the correct size whilst maintaining
accurate calculated dimensions (So i tried exporting the chart to paint
and colouring that way, this solved the colour issue but when I pasted
back the chart the quality had diminished).

Is there a way to either
a. colour the chart but keep both xy axis ?
or
b. is there a better user friendly drawing software I can use? (A trial
version would be fine as I only need to do this once).

Heres hoping!

Nobby

--
nobbyknownowt