Bob

that did it! thank you.
now I can click the scrollbar to change the range of my chart. pretty
cool.

bob

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:09:55 -0400, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

Note: After adding the scroll bar to the chart, I had to change its
location to a chart sheet for the scroll bar to work. When I changed it
back to an embedded chart, the scroll bar continued to work.

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
The scroll bar is really on the worksheet, instead of the chart. When
you activate the chart, it hides the scrollbar. To put the scroll bar
on the chart:
Right-click on the scroll bar, and choose Cut
Right-click on the chart, and choose Paste
Bob wrote:

I put a scrollbar on a chart. Every time I click inside the chart but
not on the scrollbar the scrollbar disappears. Since the scrollbar
refers to a cell, if I click on the cell the scrollbar re-appears on
the chart and I can use it to change my charting range. Pretty cool
feature actually. But why does it disappear? I tried "bring to
front". no dice. any ideas?