Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Yen currency symbol

Click on FORMAT in the menu and select CELLS.

If necessary, click the NUMBER tab.

In the CATEGORY column, click CUSTOM.

To the right of the category column in the type field, remove whatever might
be there and type a 0 (zero) then hold down the <Alt key and on the number
pad type 0165 and let go of the <Alt key. The yen symbol is now displayed
as part of the format.

YOu can apply this format just as you would any other format that's available.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann

" wrote:

Hello

I am creating an Excel spreadsheet and need to have the Yen currency symbol.
When I go into Format/Cells/Currency, the Yen currency symbol is not
available. I can get it in Inset/Symbols. The problem with going through
Insert is that I can't get any formulas to work.

Does anyone know how I can get the Yen currency symbol into
Format/Cells/Currency?

Thanks for your help