Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Remove Time from DateTime

Hi,

If it's a properly formatted date/time then simply reformat the cell as date.
If it's not then post back.

Mike

" wrote:

Hello...

I need to know if there is an easy way to change the format of the
data I have imported into Excel from a DateTime stamp to just a Date
stamp. I am importing data from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 report,
and the fields in the report are DateTime fields in the CRM
application. The data that is being imported looks as follows:

8/7/2008 10:00:00 PM

In my workbook, I have formula calculations that compare two dates,
less than or equal to, and the time stamp is throwing off the results
when the dates are the same... It is causing the 'equal to'
calculation to come back false instead of true.

So, what I need is a good way to strip out the Time from the data, and
just include the Date. Is this possible? Thank you in advance for
any help!!