Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Ball[_2_] Andrew Ball[_2_] is offline

Default Carry data from sheet to sheet automatically

I have to create a new sheet in a workbook every week. The sheet contains
repetitve formulae so I can copy and paste the entire range from say sheet 2
to my new sheet 3, but I have a running total function that has to carry
through from sheet to sheet throughout the year. When I copy and paste the
formulae from sheet 2 to my new sheet 3, the cell(s) containing the running
total formulae are still looking to sheet 1 (as it as supposed to do when it
was in sheet 2, but now it's in sheet 3, I want it to look at sheet 2
instead). Obviously I can update the formula manually to look at last week's
total in sheet 2 but I have to do this every week. Is there a way to get the
new sheet 3 to refer back to sheet 2 rather than sheet 1 automatically?