Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
myersl myersl is offline

Default Add values based on multiple criteria

Thanks Mike

I was doing that bit wrong !! Forgot about CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Now it returns #VALUE! so I must still have something wrong, any ideas?

Thanks

Linda

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

The formula should work exactly as you describe and only sum when the
criteria are met. Did you enter it as an array with CTRL+Shift+Enter and not
just enter?

If you do it correctly Excel will put curly brackets {} around it. You can't
type these yourself.

Mike

"myersl" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to add values dependant on two seperate criteria

I have tried a formula which I found using excel help but it is adding the
total of the whole column, in other words it is ignoring the criteria.

=SUM(IF((A12:A300="Jones and Co")*(G12:G300="Ordered"),M12:M300))

Column A has customer names, I wanto add the values in column M only when
the customer is a specific name and the status in column G is a specific
status.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks