nobbyknownowt nobbyknownowt is offline
Member

Default Colour plot area of a dual axis x,y chart

Hiya all

Has anyone got a cure for this???

I have an xy scatter chart which has both primary and secondary axis. In the middle of the plot area i have an area (bounded by a data series line on all sides) that I want a different colour.

I have browsed the site and see a couple of options but they require the secondary axis to be an area chart. This causes my xy chart to fail as it needs both axis.

Once the chart is coloured it will be used as a printing template so no longer needs to function at all. The chart was designed in excel so that it could be dragged to the correct size whilst maintaining accurate calculated dimensions (So i tried exporting the chart to paint and colouring that way, this solved the colour issue but when I pasted back the chart the quality had diminished).

Is there a way to either
a. colour the chart but keep both xy axis ?
or
b. is there a better user friendly drawing software I can use? (A trial version would be fine as I only need to do this once).

Heres hoping!

Nobby