Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Attempting to Copy a IF Function

Try it like this:

=IF(B2="080012",H$2, H$3)

The $ keep the rows from changing.

You can do the same thing for the columns:

=IF(B2="080012",$H2, $H3)

The $ keep the colimns from changing.

You can also do it for both rows and columns:

=IF(B2="080012",$H$2, $H$3)

Or, you can even "mix and match":

=IF(B2 = "080012",$H2, H$3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andrew Holzman" wrote in message
I need to know how to cascade a IF formula down that will only change the
first value of the Logical Test and will leave the true and false
statements
unchanged. Example in the formula =IF(B2 = "080012",H2, H3) I need B2 to
update as I cascade (copy) down the spreadsheet but I need H2, H3 to
remain
unchanged. I am not able to find anything on the website to handle this.
Even
when I copy and paste it updates all three values and not just the one.
Can
anyone please help me update the function so that only the Logical Test
value
changes.

--
Andrew Holzman