Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Unprotect sheet/workbook

Do you have more than one sheet selected?

Do you see [Group] in the title bar?

This would gray out the unprotect sheet command.

Ungroup if that's the case.

Gord

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:31:01 -0700, Steve
wrote:

I can unprotect the shared workbook, but that doesn't enable the unprotect
sheet command ( it's still grayed out).

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Maybe it's a shared workbook and if it is?

Unshare the workbook, unprotect, make your changes, protect and the re-share.

Mike

"Steve" wrote:

I protected the worksheets and the workbook. Now I need to unprotect them for
some changes, but on the review tab, unprotect sheet and unprotect workbook
is grayed out. I did not use any password. How can I unprotect this
workbook/worksheets.

Thanks,

Steve