Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason Jason is offline

Default Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort

Hi

Meant to say that it is when using auto filter - I have tried opening a new
spreadsheet and entering a few numbers and there is still no ascend/descend?
It only appears to be my computer - same spreadsheet on colleagues computer
will allow the function!

Thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected? Unless Allow Sorting was selected when the sheet
was protected you will not have the option to sort.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jason" wrote:

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?