Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Lost TOTAL Icon

These guesses are for 2003 version and earlier.

I assume the Total icon would be the AutoSum icon.

It will be on the Standard Toolbar.

Looks like a sideways M

If you don't have it on that Toolbar maybe it got dragged off.

Go to ToolsCustomizeCommandsInsert

Select it and drag back to Toolbar.

If you are talking about the Sum, Count etc. functions on the Status Bar,
right-click the Status bar and select "Sum"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:37:01 -0700, Bill
wrote:

This is so basic it's embarrassing. I have not used Excel in several years.
I opened the program, typed in my numbers/amounts in a column, choose and
dragged down column for a total - AND, when I looked for the Total Icon, it
wasn't there. I have looked under every topic in tool bar area and cannot
find it. Somepone please assist. THANKS.