Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to take me to a blank row on a new sheet

If you want to use column B, try changing the code to use column B, too:

Sub NEWOUT()
Dim Lr As Long
with Sheets("Loan Area")
.Select
Lr = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row + 1
.cells(lr,"B").select
end with
End Sub

This will actually take to the next available cell after the last used cell in
column B.

Bigpond wrote:

Thanks Roger but it is not working, I want it to go to the first vacant
empty row in column B
My Macro looks like this
Sub NEWOUT()
'
' NEWOUT Macro
'

'
Sheets("Loan Area").Select
Dim Lr As Long
Lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1

End Sub

It still takes me to B2 each time vacant or full

Any suggestions for an old amature

thanks
"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi

Dim Lr as long
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1

lr will give the row number of the first empty row in column A

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Bigpond" wrote in message
Can you help please
I am writing a data base in excel for our school, to track the resources,
need to have a macro that will take person from the Index Spread Sheet to
Spreadsheet called "Loan Area" and then take them to the next available
(empty) row on that sheet so that they can fill in their details,
I just cant get it to take them to the first blank cell in column A

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson