Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Lost TOTAL Icon

There are two reaon for the ICON not being there.

1) You don't have the Standard Toolbar enabled
from menu View - toolbars - standard

2) ICONs that are not used often excel hides. On the right side of the tool
bar is a grayed area with two arrows. You need to click the arrow and look
in the view to find the ICONs that are missing.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
right click your tool bar and from the pop up, click customize.
on the customize dialog, click the command tab.
on the left side, click insert.
scroll down to auto sum. click and drag it to whereever you want it.

regards
FSt1

"Bill" wrote:

This is so basic it's embarrassing. I have not used Excel in several years.
I opened the program, typed in my numbers/amounts in a column, choose and
dragged down column for a total - AND, when I looked for the Total Icon, it
wasn't there. I have looked under every topic in tool bar area and cannot
find it. Somepone please assist. THANKS.