Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilhoot lilhoot is offline

Default COUNTIF: 2 criteria: Date Range Column & Text Column

Thanks Peo! That really help without referencing the whole column. Well,
the project I am working on continuosly add data to the rows and I thought it
would be easier to reference the column. So I set the max to 10000 rows. I
was also confused by reading some of the other discussions and wasn't aware
that they were talking about 2007 or not. I didn't know that couldn't be
done in 2003 and prior.

Thanks again!

Tommy

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't reference the whole column if you use Excel up to and included
2003, you would need to use

A5:A65535

having said that, do you really have that many rows? If you do formula like
that might slow down the workbook quite a bit

Peo Sjoblom

"Tommy" wrote in message

I see that it is an old post, however I am in a similar situation. The
formula you provided below doesn't reference the entire column. I am
referencing data from another worksheet in an entire column. Can you
help?

Tommy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C200="text"),--(F2:F200=--"2005-01-01"),--(F2:F200<=--"20
05-01-31"))

--

HTH

RP

"MAC" wrote in message
Col C = Text and Col F = dates
I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col C based on a
date
range in Col F.
Does anybody have an answer to this?