Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
akimballsmith akimballsmith is offline

Default Update Source data in a formula

I have a workbood template for accounting purposes that has thousands of
formulas that reference another workbook in another file. I also need
several copies of this template for all of our different jobs. Everytime I
do a "save as" and rename the template I need to also update the formulas to
look for data in different files. I have tried the find/replace option from
the menu but I can't get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated.
Below is an example of a formula that would need to be change a thousand
times per sheet.

='S:\Andy''s Stuff\Job Materials\Waxie Building LC101\[Waxie Building
LC102.xls]Materials Cost'!F14

change to:

='S:\Andy''s Stuff\Job Materials\NW Rec SG117\[NW Rec SG117.xls]Materials
Cost'!F14