Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mae_bear22 mae_bear22 is offline

Default Using SUMPRODUCT with a VLOOKUP

Hi

I have a spreadsheet that goes as follows. Column A is Salesperson's name
and Column B is Achevied Sales Target (Yes or No). Column A gets it data
from anothr spreadsheet using a VLOOKUP table, hence each value is preceded
with a ' sign. C

I am using SUMPRODUCT to count the number of times a salesperson in A has
hit the target in B. The formula is as follows:

=SUMPRODUCT((I2:I22="YES")*(J2:J22="JOE"))

This only works if I retype "JOE" in the cell as text, deleting the v-lookup
formula. Obviously this is tedious and defeats the purpose of the vlookup.

Is there a way to correct my formula OR use a new formula?

Thanks!

Steph