Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
swell estimator[_2_] swell estimator[_2_] is offline

Default gang remove blank rows

I want to thank Dave especially for his patience and diligence for staying
with my problem til I was given a solution.

And thank you very much Martin - your solution was the simplest and it
worked immediately leaving my data in the correct order as I needed.

And thank you Fred. Perhaps because I'm using Excel 2003, filtering the
data worked this way. After clicking filter on the Data menu, 2 choices:
Advanced and Autofilter. Advanced didn't give me options that I could see
but Autofilter allowed me to select blanks and non-blanks. I first selected
blanks and the whole column went blank. When I right clicked and selected
delete or delete row, the whole column collapsed with delete - and nothing
happened with delete-row.

But by going back in to Autofilter and selecting Non-blanks I achieved the
results I wanted - all the items in the order. I assumed the blank rows
below were THE blank rows but it didn't seem necessary to delete them. I
tried both ways.

Could Excel 2003 possibly have a different way of using the Data filter or
did I just not know what I was doing?

Thank you guys for saving me a ton of tedious work that would have been
required to manually remove the blank rows. Chris, the swell estimator

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Use DataFilter. Select Blanks. Now only blank rows will be displayed.
Select these rows, right-click on any row, select Delete Row.

Regards,
Fred.

"swell estimator" wrote in
message ...
I have a large amount of data that is composed of a text row followed by 2
blank rows. This pattern repeats itself in the entire worksheet.

I want to gang remove the blank rows so that I end up with single spaced
data.

Any help out there. Thank you.