Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
swell estimator[_2_] swell estimator[_2_] is offline

Default gang remove blank rows

Dave, the sort function was the first thing I tried but ascending and
descending compresses the row and removes the original blank rows, but
doesn't keep the original order. Pls look at the following and imagine that
before I manually removed them, each row had 2 blank rows between them.
These are window openings with the width as the first factor and height 2nd
factor
1'(w) x 1'(h) . The 2nd # is the constant and the 1st # the variable in
multiples of ten and they have to remain in the original order in order to be
coherent to someone choosing a window width and height from a list. thanks
for help.

1' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
2' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
3' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
4' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
5' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
6' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
7' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
8' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
9' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
10' x 1' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
1' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
2' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
3' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
4' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
5' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
6' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
7' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
8' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
9' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
10' x 2' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
1' x 3' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.
2' x 3' - 8' tall wall, 16" o.c.....
~ ~

"swell estimator" wrote:

I have a large amount of data that is composed of a text row followed by 2
blank rows. This pattern repeats itself in the entire worksheet.

I want to gang remove the blank rows so that I end up with single spaced data.

Any help out there. Thank you.