Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bud Bud is offline

Default Compare 2 worksheets all 6 columns in each worksheet

Nothing can change except the hours....This is a Timekeeping system called
SAP. The people can reselect the past two weeks transactions and the only
thing they can update on the screen itself is the hours. All other fields are
non-changeable on the screen including the date.

The data can than be reselected by going to the system and downloading it
into excel.

Just looking for a way to compare what changed and place the difference in
another worksheet.

We already saved what they originally did. We can re-obtain the data for
that week which would have the updated hours. We need to have a way to show
the difference automtically in another worksheet.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Is Column C the only column that can vary? I mean, what if the only change
is the date... the task... the project? How would those be reported (can't
show a subtraction of TaskE instead of TaskA)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bud" wrote in message
Hello

Each week we produce a report of peoples time and bill this. It has 6
column
fields.

The person entering their time can go back and change their time(Hours) up
to 2 weeks back.

We can re-obtain the data and would like to run a compare against both
worksheets
and where there are differences copy that line in another worksheet and
show
the difference for that whole row.
There are many resources but we expect very few changes...just trying to
identify them....

Ex.
Worksheet 1
Column A B C D E F